Although hearing loss manifests as a side effect of treatment for some patients, audiology is a component of cancer treatment that’s often overlooked. CARTI Audiology offers services in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, including ototoxicity induced hearing loss, and tinnitus.
- Hearing evaluations
- Assess and monitor ototoxicity (medication-induced hearing loss)
- The fitting and dispensing of amplification and assistive listening devices
- Repair and adjustment of amplification devices
- Education on hearing conservation
- Counseling for tinnitus management
- Hearing aids
SIGNS OF HEARING LOSS
- Frequently asking for people to repeat themselves when communicating
- Difficulty hearing in noisy environments
- Difficulty understanding people on the phone
- Difficulty understanding the voices of women and children
- Having to turn the TV or radio up to levels that bother friends and family
- The perception that you can hear people speaking, but cannot make out the words
- Constant or intermittent ringing in the ears
To schedule an appointment, consult with your CARTI care team and they will start the process of connecting you with CARTI’s audiologist, Logan Hays.
For more information, contact Efaxaudiology@carti.com or call us at 501-906-3034.
You can also access CareCredit for Audiology here.