Nutrition plays a significant role in overall health and can help patients feel better when they’re going through cancer treatment. Sometimes the side effects experienced from treatment, or even from cancer itself, can impact a patient’s ability to eat like they used to. From nausea and difficulty swallowing to unintended weight loss and more, the side effects of cancer treatment can have a lasting impact on one’s day to day life and nutritional status. Our team of registered dietitians are here to help patients navigate these changes at any stage of treatment, from diagnosis to survivorship.
Medical Nutritional Therapy Includes:
- Nutrition screening and assessment
- Personalized nutrition counseling, including guidance for specialized and restricted diets
- Management of treatment-related side effects impacting nutrition or eating
- Support in managing enteral (feeding tube) and parenteral (intravenous) nutrition
- Nutrition education for patients, families and caregivers
- Recommendations not only for those undergoing treatment, but for cancer prevention, recovery and survivorship
Any CARTI patient is welcome to make an appointment with one of our registered dietitians. Talk with your doctor to learn more and to be referred to our dietitian team.
To contact our Registered Dietitians, call 501.906.3000.