We recognize that a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming, which is why we believe in caring for the patient as a whole — including their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Our Resource and Appearance Center, housed on the second floor of the CARTI Cancer Center in Little Rock, is available to help patients and their families deal with a diagnosis.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer, stop by the Resource Center for the most up-to-date materials. We can also help register you or provide you with details about the following programs:
- Registered Dietitian and Nutritional Support – CARTI’s registered dietitian specializes in supporting cancer patients and offers nutritional supplements and consultations.
- Cancer 101 – Learn what to expect once you have been diagnosed. This free booklet covers everything from fatigue to skin care and much more.
Staffed by trained professionals and volunteers, CARTI’s Appearance Center offers:
- Locks, Lips and Lashes Program – Created for women going through cancer treatment, this free monthly class provides lessons on skin and nail care, cosmetics, wigs and turbans, accessories and styling. Led by a licensed cosmetologist, the two-hour class helps bring normalcy to patients whose lives have been disrupted by cancer. Participants will even get to go home with a bag full of Thrive Causemetics!
- Free Wigs, Hats, Scarves and Apparel – For those who are losing their hair due to treatment, CARTI offers free wigs provided by the American Cancer Society. With synthetic hair and real hair wigs available, patients can pick the wig that’s right for them.
- Information and Referral Services – CARTI can provide information about breast prosthesis and mastectomy bras.