Healthy Recipes for Cancer Patients: Pork Belly Recipe
Here’s your chance to make your own bacon, just the way you like it. Pork belly can be intimidating to work with, but Chef Coby at the CARTI Hope Bistro breaks it down into a few simple steps. All you’ll need for this recipe is pork belly, salt and sugar.
- Rub the pork bellies down generously with equal amounts sugar and salt, making sure to cover all sides.
- Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 3 days.
- Remove from the refrigerator and rinse all the sugar and salt off the bellies.
- Braise the pork bellies in a 300 degree oven until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Refrigerate in cooking liquid overnight.
- Slice the pork bellies and fry in a hot skillet until brown and crispy.
Discover more healthy recipes for cancer patients from CARTI’s nutrition experts.