Best Recipes for Cancer Patients: No Knead Focaccia Bread
Homemade is always healthier, especially if you or a loved one is fighting cancer. So skip the preservatives and check out this recipe for focaccia bread you can make at home — and it’s one of our best recipes for cancer patients.
- 5 cups of 100 degree water
- ½ oz (14g) yeast
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 ⅓ tsp salt
- 10 cups flour
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine water, yeast and honey in a large mixing bowl and let sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
- Add salt and flour to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add olive oil to a container, put oil on hands and move dough into the container.
- Add more olive oil to the top of the dough and move around until evenly spread across the container.
- Cover a sheet pan with cooking spray and spread the dough evenly across the sheet.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Let the bread cool, then enjoy!
For more great recipe ideas and information on nutrition for cancer patients, check out our other nutritional support blog posts.