In the Kitchen with Coby | Chicken Roulade Stuffed with Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Fresh Basil and Feta Cheese
- For the Chicken
- 4 – 6 Ounce Chicken Breast
- 1 Can Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 6-8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles
- For the Sauce:
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock or Broth (Low Sodium)
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- Begin with chicken breast laid out on top of cutting board, smooth side down. Place a Ziplock bag on top of the chicken. Using a meat mallet, begin pounding the chicken breast to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Once pounded, season very lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the roasted bell pepper on to the chicken breast, then the fresh basil and finally the feta cheese.
- Roll the chicken as tightly as possible placing on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the chicken breast as tightly as possible inside the plastic wrap, forcing out the air and cranking down on the ends of the plastic wrap.
- Wrap the chicken breast in a foil sheet.
- In a preheated 350 degree oven, bake the chicken for 15 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165 degree is achieved.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken for the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap chicken breast and pat dry.
- In a very hot sauté pan, sauté the chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of butter. Approximately 2 minutes or until the outside of the chicken has browned and some texture is achieved.
- Remove chicken and deglaze the pan with the chicken stock/broth, scraping the bits of chicken from bottom of pan.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by 30%. The sauce will have thickened at this point.
- Slice the chicken and plate with your favorite vegetables.
- Strain the sauce and top the chicken with sauce.
- Eat and enjoy.