CARTI is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt entity with a mission to provide world-class cancer treatment and compassionate care and to improve our knowledge through education and research. Consistent with this mission, the organization recognizes its obligation to provide financial assistance to those in need within the communities it serves.
Patients without insurance, who do not qualify for any third party or government health benefits, will receive an automatic discount off their billed charges as outlined in the CARTI Self-Pay Policy prior to generation of the patient statement / invoice. For insured or non-insured patients, additional financial assistance discounts up to 100% of billed charges may be provided to applicants based on the terms of this policy and the discretion of the organization.
CARTI will take into account the overall financial circumstances of the applicant and apply this policy consistently. If approved, CARTI may elect, at its sole discretion, to reduce or waive certain amounts which are due from uninsured or under-insured patients who can successfully demonstrate that paying medical expenses would cause significant hardship.
About CARTI’s Financial Assistance and Charity Care Policy
- Financial Assistance is based solely on patient’s need and qualifications, CARTI offers discounts of 60%, 75% or 100%. The discount is applicable only to services received at CARTI. Certain limitations do exist, including: pathology, physician dispensing, DME, etc. are not included.
- Eligibility Term, if approved
- Charity care is not retrospective. If approved, the term starts on the day the application is received, as recorded by CARTI.
- If charges are incurred after submitting the application, and charity care is approved, those charges will be adjusted, so the patient does not have to delay their care waiting for a decision.
- The Eligibility Term is up to six months.
- Prior to the end of the term, applicant must proactively re-apply if they wish to continue to receive assistance.
- All original paperwork submitted during the application process will be returned to the patient along with the eligibility decision.
- Charity Care provided by CARTI is applied on an as needed basis and subject to a thorough review. If applicant attempts to attain assistance by withholding financial information or any form of deceit, they can be prohibited for receiving assistance in the future.
- Approved discounts are not applicable to co-pays, and these must still be paid upon check-in.
To download the Charity Care Application, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact our Patient Financial Advocates at 501.537.8641 or by email at PAFC@CARTI.com.