CARTI Opens Third Breast Center Location
Screening mammograms now available at the CARTI Cancer Center in Russellville
CARTI announced today the opening of its third Breast Center location, now open at the CARTI Cancer Center in Russellville. The Breast Center offers the most advanced 3D mammography technology outfitted with the SmartCurve breast stabilization system and MammoPad for greater comfort. Located at 209 South Portland Avenue in Russellville, the clinic will be open Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. To make an appointment, call 501.537.MAMO (6266).
“We are thrilled to provide this first-of-its kind technology to the patients of Russellville and beyond,” said Adam Head, president and chief executive officer of the statewide network of cancer care providers. “While we know that mammograms are critically important in the early detection of breast cancer, Arkansas ranks 35th for participation in mammography screening, with only 65 percent of women ages 45 and over having had a mammogram in the last year. We’re hopeful that with the most advanced 3D technology, plus the addition of the SmartCurve system and MammoPad, we’ll be able to lessen the pain and anxiety associated with mammograms and, as a result, increase screening compliance.”
The Breast Center at CARTI Highlights
- Leading-Edge 3D Mammography Technology
- The Hologic Genius® 3D Platinum mammography machine detects more invasive cancers, reduces false positives and is FDA approved as superior to conventional 2D mammography for all women, including those with dense breasts.
- The 3D mammography machine takes a high resolution 3D image and reconstructs it in 2D, allowing for a faster exam, less time in compression and as much as a 40% reduction in radiation exposure.
- Greater Comfort
- The Hologic Genius® 3D machine is outfitted with the SmartCurve breast stabilization system and MammoPad.
- SmartCurve System
- The only one of its kind, the SmartCurve system features a curved compression device, which mirrors the shape of a woman’s breast, that reduces pinching and applies uniform compression over the entire breast.
- The SmartCurve system does not compromise image quality, exam time, dose or workflow, and is clinically proven to improve comfort in 93% of patients who reported moderate to severe discomfort with standard compression.
- MammoPad Breast Cushions
- MammoPad breast cushions reduce this discomfort and take the chill off the receptor surface.
- Studies show that the softer mammogram provided by the MammoPad cushion reduces discomfort by 50% for three out of four women.
- The cushion’s grip-like surface holds breast tissue in place to ensure optimal positioning, which leads to greater accuracy in mammography.
- Unparalleled Experience
- Patients will enjoy private dressing rooms and soft waffle weave robes.
The images will be read by CARTI’s fellowship-trained breast imaging specialists, Dr. Stacy Smith-Foley and Dr. Jessica McElreath. Drs. Smith-Foley and McElreath are part of the complete Breast Center team, which includes fellowship-trained breast surgeons, Dr. Jerri S. Fant and Dr. Yara Robertson. Together, they provide complete care for patients experiencing breast issues, both benign and cancerous. For patients who do have a cancer diagnosis, their care can be easily referred to one of CARTI’s cancer experts, which includes medical and radiation oncologists.